Saturday, November 17, 2007

Humble kitchen love

I’ve been thinking about kitchens a lot lately. I scrutinize any appliance ad that features a gourmet kitchen – usually there is an elegantly dressed couple cooking together or entertaining their equally fabulous house guests. Sleek, long counter tops. Sparsely adorned with shiny orbs and glass vases – maybe a dramatic bouquet for color.

Sometimes the idea of having such a sleek and sexy kitchen is appealing, but for now I’ll stick with my humble apartment kitchen: pots hanging from the ceiling, shelves bursting with random food stuff, the 40-year-old gas stove, and the worn wooden top of an old dresser that serves as my only counter top – it may never grace the pages of Dwell or Gourmet, but it’s a well-loved space where I work well with what I’ve got.
What kind of kitchen do you cook in?

No comments: